Orthodontic treatment uses appliances to straighten teeth and gradually move them into more ideal positions over time. A well as enhancing your smile and overall appearance orthodontic corrections improve the evenness and function of your bite and reduce your risk of undesirable problems such as tooth decay and gum disease.
Whilst it is easier to correct aspects of the bite at a younger age, tooth straightening can be carried out to give adults straighter teeth and a more engaging smile
The are many different types of orthodontic treatments available. At Cranley Dental Clinic we recommend and are specialist in the Invisalign tooth straightening treatment.
Invisalign braces are perfect for;
- Crowded and crooked teeth
- Gaps between the teeth
- Overbite — where the upper teeth excessively overlap the lower teeth
- Underbite — where the lower teeth stick out past the front teeth
- Open bite — where the upper and lower teeth are forced outwards, not meeting each other
- Crossbite — where the upper teeth bite on the inside of your the lower teeth
Invisalign treatment is a very gradual process that uses transparent ‘aligners’ that are hand-crafted to fit over your teeth perfectly. Beyond the aesthetic benefit they are barely visible, they are soft and comfortable. They can also be easily removed so you can eat and drink as normal and are easy to keep clean.You can usually use the Invisalign system even if you have pre-existing treatments in place such as crowns or bridges, or if you have a TMJ/TMD condition which affects the movement of the jaw.
Video to feature